Canvas and Cave Barbados is a unique boutique resort built around our Arts and Environment Centre where guests can immerse themselves in the local culture.
Instructors will offer lessons in arts, entrepreneurship, environment, cooking, dance, music, photography, writing, and much more.
Our goal is to bring the local arts, culture and innovation together with international talent, and stimulate the local economy with stronger cultural based initiatives.
The centre will host:
• Daily instruction in the arts – oil painting, encaustic (wax) painting, pottery and sculpture
• Dance lessons – calypso, rumba, swing
• Entrepreneurship & Innovation
• Master chef cooking lessons
• Writing (classes led by an international author)
• Weekly art and craft market
• Annual Art and Music Festival
Our philosophy is to create lasting relationships through unique learning experiences. The programming is complimented by an environmental mandate – solar water heating, rain water recapture, organic farming, composting – that is essential to respecting the natural beauty of the island.