Canvas and Cave Barbados is a unique boutique resort built around our Arts Centre where guests can immerse themselves in the local culture.
Instructors will offer lessons in art, cooking, dance, music, photography, writing, and much more.
Our goal is to bring the local arts and culture together with international talent, and stimulate the local economy with stronger cultural based initiatives.
The centre will host:
• Daily instruction in the arts – oil painting, encaustic (wax) painting, pottery and sculpture
• Dance lessons – calypso, rumba, swing
• Drum circle lessons
• Master chef cooking lessons
• Writing (classes led by an international author)
• Weekly art and craft market
• Annual Art and Music Festival
Our philosophy is to create lasting relationships through unique learning experiences. It is complimented by an environmental mandate – solar water heating, rain water recapture, organic farming, composting – that is essential to respecting the natural beauty of the island.