Canvas and Cave Barbados will be a unique boutique resort built around our Eco-Art Centre where guests can immerse themselves in the local community.
Instructors will offer lessons in arts, entrepreneurship, environment, cooking, dance, music, photography, writing, and much more.
Our goal is to bring the local arts, culture and innovation together with international leaders, and stimulate the local economy with stronger cultural based initiatives.
The centre will host:
• Daily instruction in the arts – oil painting, encaustic (wax) painting, pottery and sculpture
• Dance lessons – calypso, rumba, swing
• Entrepreneurship & Innovation
• Master chef cooking lessons
• Writing (classes led by an international author)
• Weekly art and craft market
• Annual Environment Conference
• Annual Art and Music Festival
Our philosophy is to create lasting relationships through unique learning experiences. The programming is complimented by an environmental mandate – solar power, solar water heating, rain water recapture, clean sewage processing, organic farming – all are essential to respecting the natural beauty of the island.